Things To Remember in Zanzibar
- Not to walk around towns & villages dressed in bikinis, miniskirts, sleeveless shirts or similar Pay respect to the Muslim society.
- Do not go topless! Swimwears are acceptable on tourist beaches, but not if there are fishermen or seaweed harvesters nearby.
- Drunken behaviour is consider
- Ask for permission before taking pictures of
- Do not walk alone at night on beaches or in Do not carry valuables around.
- Do not buy shells, turtle shells or pieces of coral from street vendors or on the These are mostly taken from the reefs and buying them encourages the obliteration of the ocean’s fauna.
- Do not accept tours or transport from unlicensed tour guides – their services are illegal and are not subject to insurance cover.
- During the Ramadan, please do not eat or drink in public – use cafes,